The one and only purpose of this recipe is to create the crust for a certain legendary cheesecake, but you can use it for other things too. For example, it can make a tasty snack. Or you could stir it up with some cream cheese and sugar to make cheesecake dip. Or you could make cheesecake brownies in muffin cups. As always, let me know what you did with it, and share a picture or two!
Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (you know how graham crackers come in boxes with three packages? I’ve found that one package is just the right amount for crushing inside a zip-lock bag with a rolling pin to make crumbs.)
2 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
6 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt.
- Melt the butter.
- If making for cheesecake, brush the bottom of a spring form pan with some of the butter.
- Stir the rest of the butter into the graham cracker mixture.
- Press the crumb mixture over the bottom of the pan, making sure to get crust evenly into the edges.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Let cool.