After a long day at church, you don’t want to get out a chopping board. You want to eat something right away. That’s the thinking behind this simple, cooks-in-the-crockpot-all-day soup.
We’ve eaten this meal so many times, I actually got tired of eating it.
Of course, it didn’t take long before I wasn’t tired of it anymore. And if you try this recipe, you’ll find out why.
Crockpot Chicken Chili
Makes: 6-8 servings
2 chicken breasts
3 cups chicken broth
2 cans white beans (don’t drain)
1 cup frozen corn
1 tbsp olive oil
minced garlic (optional)
banana peppers (or any diced spicy peppers – optional)
squeeze of fresh lemon
1 tbsp salt
(Shredded cheese and tortilla chips to garnish, optional)
• Put all ingredients into a crockpot and stir.
• Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
• Remove the chicken breasts and shred the meat.
• Put the chicken back in the crockpot.
• Stir and serve. Garnish with cheese and tortilla chips.